Tasmania Skilled Migration had a various pathways for skilled applicants to apply for the TAS state nomination. The applicants are given the priority pass colour based on the eligibility criteria and the priority attributes.
- Applicants occupations must be listed on the Critical Roles List
- Have been employed in Tasmania in the relevant field for at least the past three months.
- Must be employed in Tasmania for at least 6 months in an ANZSCO 1-3 role directly related to the nominated occupation.
- Have at least completed 2 years of phD study in Tasmania or 1 year after completing the undergraduate study in Tasmania.
- Have employment for at least 3 months in ANZSCO 1-3 related occupations which is directly related to the skill assessment or Tasmania study.
- Have a business opened in Tasmania for at least 6 months which is directly related to the skill assessment or Tasmanian study
- And other criteria
- Have been employed in Tasmania for at least the last 6 weeks in the same industry as your skills assessment or Tasmanian study
- Have been employed in Tasmania for at least the last 3 months in an ANZSCO 1-3 role which is not related to your skills assessment
- Employed in an ANZSCO 4-5 role and have a qualification related to this role (minimum Certificate III, not including online courses or qualifications gained on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning)
- And other criteria
190 Tasmanian Skilled Employment Pathway: To meet the 190 state requirements under the Skilled employment pathway, the employment should be at least 20 hours per week. The applicants must be currently living in Tasmania and intend to continue to stay in Tasmania. The employment should be closely related to the nominated occupation. TOSOL option:
- The occupation must be listed on the TOSOL and meet the caveats mentioned for the occupation
- Must be working in Tasmania for at least 6 months immediately prior to the applicant
- The employment should be at least 20 hours per week
- If the employment was subcontractor, the applicant must have a related skills assessment and at least 12 months of business activity in Tasmania.
Long-term employment option
- All occupations are eligible under this pathway.
- Must be working in Tasmania in a role closely related to the skill assessment for at least 15 months prior to the application
- Must meet the caveats mentioned in the TOSOL occupation list
- If the employment was subcontractor, the applicant has a related skills assessment and at least 15 months of business activity in Tasmania
Tasmanian Skilled Graduate Pathway:
- Be currently living in Tasmania and continue living in Tasmania
- Have completed a course of study and obtained a letter of completion from a tertiary institution in Tasmania registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Have lived in the state for at least two calendar years from the commencement of your course and for the duration of your studies.
- The course of study must be AQF 5 (Diploma) or higher, or at least Certificate III related to an ANZSCO Major Group 3 or Group 4 occupation, and be listed on CRICOS with a duration of at least 92 weeks.
- The course must have been completed full-time and on-site in Tasmania.
Tasmanian PhD applicants who have not completed the undergraduate degree in Tasmania can apply under this pathway after living in Tasmania for at least two years. Tasmanian Established Resident Pathway:
- Under this pathway, all the occupations are available
- Currently employed in Tasmania in a role equivalent to ANZSCO skill levels 1-3 at a minimum of 20 hours per week on average
- Currently employed in Tasmania in a role equivalent to ANZSCO skill levels 4-5 at a minimum of 20 hours per week on average
- Have operated a business for at least 2 years with taxable earnings to the TSMIT
Overseas Applicant (Health Sector Job Offer) Pathway
- Have received a job offer from the Tasmanian employer which is closely related to the nominated occupation
- Not have lived in any other state or territory within the last 12 months
- The employer should be well established and operating for the past 12 months
- The salary should be as per the equivalent market rate and the position should be genuine and ongoing
- Have skill assessment from the occupations listed below
|2511 Nutrition Professionals|
2512 Medical Imaging Professionals
2514 Optometrists and Orthoptists
2527 Audiologists and Speech Pathologists \ Therapists
2531 General Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers
2533 Specialist Physicians
|2519 Other Health Diagnostic and Promotion Professionals|
2521 Chiropractors and Osteopaths
2523 Dental Practitioners
2524 Occupational Therapists
2539 Other Medical Practitioners
2542 Nurse Educators and Researchers
2543 Nurse Managers
2544 Registered Nurses
2725 Social Workers
3112 Medical Technicians